Monday, February 23, 2009

And There Was a "Hollah, Girl" Heard Across the Land

Last night's Academy Award were meh except for 2 moments. I did get teary-eyed when Penélope Cruz broke out el castellano and dedicated her Best Supporting Actress award to her Spanish peoples. And I jumped up and whoot-whooted uncontrollably when Sean Penn won for Best Actor. You could definitely feel all of gay DC rejoicing. And for good reason because Milk was a fantastic movie that even made this hardened Rican shed a few tears. I guess now I have to see Slumdog so I can get what all the feel-good hype has been about. For those who know me, though, feel-good movies aren't necessarily my cup of tea. But I might make an exception this time.

Oh, yeah, and Mr. Penn's kill-him-with-kindness jab at Mickey Rourke was priceless.* "My brother," my arse. Klassy good times.

(*Explanation on why it was a jab here.)

0 comments: