Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wee for Me!!!

Santa brought me a Wii for Christmas!  I see some bowling matches in my near future.  Hopefully I won't fling the controller into the TV screen.  That's the Jayhawk's biggest fear.  Who, PS and BTW, must have been very good this year because Santa brought him a Galaxy Tab.  He just about cried when he unwrapped the box.  And his face light up once he powered the thing up and started playing with it.  I have to admit that I'm a tad jealous.  But, that's okay because the Three Kings are set to pay us a visit in a couple of weeks (with Bosox Siobhan and BKDM in tow!).  I can get my own Tab then.  Oh, the joys of being a Rican and celebrating 2 gift-giving holidays...I'm thankful for that.

And I'm thankful for being able to share our Christmas Eve dinner with Shatterproof.  It was a good time.  Beef stroganoff (with bacon), green beans (with bacon), corn with poblano peppers (with bacon), and biscuits (not with bacon but yes with lots of butter).  Yum!  And then there was the 18-pack of Bud Heavies, the bottle of wine, and the coquito (Liz Taylor's recipe, of course).  Can't have a proper Christmas without the booze.  Or without watching "A Christmas Story," which we did and almost watched twice.  But drunky sleep beckoned.  Shatterproof left around 2:30AM and took a jug of coquito for his sister-in-law's family dinner tonight (them peoples are gonna have the sobriety knocked out of them real good).  I finally made it to bed around 3AM; exhausted, but again, thankful.  And thankful that it's still just Sunday and tomorrow I get the day off.  Score for being a Gub'ment worker!

2 comments:

the Jayhawk said...

The Stroganoff had no bacon and neither did the corn. The corn was just cooked in the pan that the bacon had been...so only "essence" of bacon. Oh, who am I kidding? I cooked a pound of bacon! and no one was complaining!

Mango said...

I know I wasn't. And neither was the little boy from Richmond.