Friday, November 18, 2011

I Never Had To Choose a Subject -- My Subject Rather Chose Me*

That's kind of how last night with Nykelpiga and Shatterproof went.  Bartender Jack wasn't able to see my cute new outfit because Black Jack was closed for a private party during happy ho' time.  So, we aborted that plan and went to trusty, homey Bar Pilar, instead.  And we were all so happy that we did.  We sidled right up to the bar and got wonderful service from cutie pie (and additional bartender boyfriend crush for the three of us) David.  And between the beers, the food (the rosemary potatoes were too rosemary-y, but the fried chicken was perfectly seasoned and so juicy, the mussels were delicious [although I wish we'd had more bread to sop up the sauce], the Brussels sprouts were great [while mini, they covered in bacon, and you can never go wrong with bacon], and the salmon with smoked trout roe was very yummy [since they topped a fried egg sunny side up, of course]), and ogling at the bartender, what was supposed to be 1 happy hour turned into 5 and ended with my slightly wobbly march up the hill to get home.  Oops.  It was great times, though, and need to be repeated more often.  Including running into the husband of the girl who lived below me while I was studying the law so I can get his/their info.  10 years and 3 kids later together!!  I couldn't believe it.  Congrats to them!

And tonight?  The Jayhawk and I are off to District Commons to see our friend and (yet another) bartender crush, Kevin S.  We've never been.  You'll receive a full report from me, mis bonitos, tomorrow (or Sunday depending on how tonight goes and how I feel tomorrow).

(*Quote by Ernest Hemingway.)

0 comments: