Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Votar, A Votar, A Votar, O Si

Sorry for not writing these past few days, mis bonitos.  The Jayhawk and I were actually quite busy socializing (read, "getting our drink on") over the weekend.  And when we weren't out and about, the Jayhawk caught up on his zzz's while I was occupied nursing my hangover and cursing the past night's transgressions.  Which, over the course of the weekend, involved happy ho' at Gordon Biersch (good), BBQ and beers at Hill Country (disappointing, although the mix of drunk frat boys and jock lesbians on Friday night was interesting and entertaining) after a movie at E Street ("The Skin I Live In;" not the best Almodóvar film, but good once it finally got to the back story; I suggest just waiting until it comes out on video/streaming; I'll always say that Pedro should stick to females as his principal characters because his male-centered movies just aren't as good; there's a reason "A Bad Education" was named that way), espresso vodka shots and live girl dreamcore at Deperado's (pleasantly surprising), treats at Hank's Oyster Bar (I will never get enough of the BBQ oysters, and the arugula salad with duck prosciutto, pears, and radishes was amazing), and a Super Grilled Cheese sandwich at Stoney's (delicious). 

But the reason for the entry is to mention that it's time to vote, again.  Not only are the election polls open in MD and the VA today, but voting is also still open for the 2011 Hosteleriasalamanca.es Awards.*  And our dear friend, Héctor Carabias (that's him in the photo), is nominated this year for Service Industry Professional of the Year!  You know I've said it before, but I have to repeat that Héctor's food is truly the best I've ever eaten.  I've had great meals in my life, but Héctor's cooking made me cry it was so good.*  So, go cast your vote on the Facebook (you gotta "Like/Me Gusta" the page to vote)* for him.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a win.

Update: There's still time to vote for Hector.  And you can now vote without needing a Facebook account!  Just go here*, click on Hector's photo, and type in your e-mail addy.  You'll get a message asking you to click on a link to confirm your vote.  And, presto!  Another vote for my friend!  Who, BTW, is offering his yearly limited-time tasting menu celebrating all things mushroom.*  Gawd...the Jayhawk and I need to go back to Salamanca in such a bad way.

(*Sites en español.)

0 comments: