Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You Cold Compress Me


It looks like Halloween Weekend caught up with me, mis bonitos.  I've been fighting a head cold since Sunday evening. 

I kind of felt less-than-100% that afternoon, but I couldn't let a few sniffles keep me from getting my food and drink on at Lincoln for brunch.  Which was good, but I think it had more to do with the company and endless punch bowls of mimosas and pointsettias than the food.  The food was fine.  I got the mac 'n cheese, which was nice and creamy and smoky, and it was a blessing that it came with green beans and not fava beans because me no likey favas, and the crisp green beans in the melty smooth mac were a good contrast.  I just wish the portion was a tad bigger.  Which was the general sense I got from the rest of the crew's food.  Everything was tasty but just not enough ("seasonal small plates -- an overdone and not-well-done concept in this town, IMHO -- aside).

Another sense I got?  The staff were really nice and attentive, but the manager was bit too casual in her attempt to seem attentive.  It's great that she came to the table and shot the shizz with us for a bit, but dropping the F-bomb in rapid succession when talking about her faulous gays and what all the boys at our table could do with the open mouth and big nose on the DJ left us all a bit "the fuh...?!."  We got over it once the DJ finally started playing some more upbeat and less sleepy Muzak™ dub beats, though.  And after we'd had more bottomless drinks.  I'd go back for them.  At the bar.  Without the colorful commentary.  Unless it's coming from me or the Jayhawk.  Overall rating: 2 besos.

Now back to my DVR'd Top Model so I can catch up before tonight's new episode.  I miss you already, Bianca-not-Beyonce.

Update:  I'd go back to Lincoln for some peanut butter lovin'.  Maybe I can get the Jayhawk to take me there for my fast-approaching birthday dinner.  He likes peanut butter even more than I do...

0 comments: