Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gimme Gimme #13

Speaking of the drink, booze always makes a nice gift for the Holidaze.

I remember when this wine was just $12.99 at the old Casa Peña next to the Soviet Safeway on 17th Street. Oh, how I miss those days (and that vino).

Those were the same days when I was introduced to this rum. Demmed good stuff. And coming from a Rican, that's a high compliment. The only thing that I think Rico's got that competes is this rum, but I'm gonna be in Rico in 8 days and will get it on duty free, so I can gift that to myself.

I'm not a big brown likker person, but this bourbon is too good to pass up. Thinking about it makes me want to go back to the bar in the lobby of the Philadelphia Park Hyatt where the drunky Jayhawk and I made friends with everyone there and made semi-fools of ourselves trying to act sober with a VIP client of mine. I was mortified. The Jayhawk giggled.

And to lighten things up, this beer will blow you away. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's for sale in the States. But if you happen to be in the Europes, have a bottle or ten if your liver and memory can take it.

Bottoms up!

0 comments: