Wednesday, December 10, 2008

¡Arroz, que Carne Hay!

Daisy(!) has her own show on The Food Network! It may be produced by Rachel Ray*, but I won't hold that against my spicy Nuyorican hermana since she's got working for Lidia Bastianich under her correa, and everyone knows I love me some Lidia B.

It's about time The Food Network had some Nuyorican soul filling thier studios up with the smells of real sofrito and arroz con gandules and pernil and bacalaítos. It's going to be "smack yo momma good" times (Daisy's words not mine)! Although, to be fair, I'll be DVRing her show because it's spoda come on at 9:30ayem on Saturdays. Ooph...

(*Click on this link for Guanabee's take on the good news and for quite the vomitocitous photo of Ray Ray with chocolate and spoon. Fo! I was so happy to have forgotten about that photo. I need to lick a chocolate spoon of my own [drrty!] to forget it now. A gift of Daisy's cookbook might help me forget it, too. Hint hint.)

(Photo courtesy of A la Carte Communications)

0 comments: